As one of the 21st Century Technology Skills you will be developing, using apps or software specifically designed for artists or art educators will be part of your development as a tech-savvy artist/educator. For this assignment, you will find and download an app, use an online program, or explore use of a software program that is specifically intended to use the computer/tablet/smartphone as an art-making device, or as a way to help teach art.
There are several parts to this assignment.
1. Identify the program, app or website you want to use.
2. Get familiar with it - create something!
3. Make a list of the pros and cons of this program.
4. Write a review and include your finished sample.
The review should be 2-3 pages long and should do several things:
1. Describe how you found out about this app/software/website
2. Describe what this program/app/website does, and if there is any cost
3. Describe how you learned how to use it. Was it easy? Were there good instructions? How quickly do you think someone else could learn to use it? Are there any tutorials or videos that helped you figure it out?
4. How do you foresee using this in the classroom? Would this be something that middle school or high school students could use? Do you see any potential problems with it? What would be the biggest advantage to using it? Are there skills you can build using this?
Your paper will the following things:
1. cover page with the name of the program, your name, date
2. 2-3 pages, double spaced, 12 pt. font
3. Any information on where to get the app/website address/etc
4. An example of something you produced/created using this app/website/program
Submit this app review to Dropbox!
Here are some examples of papers written in the past - just so you know what they look like.